|Israeli Defensive Rockets|
|Just one of the Palestinian Children killed by the Israeli Navy|
For over 4 decades Israel has been the oppressor. Perhaps they should try a different tactic especially when they are killing 200 times more people then their enemy. Perhaps they should show some restraint when they are only, at best, 20% effective at targeting their enemy with the other 80% being innocent people like the child above.
We, as Americans, have to realize that many around the world that "hate us" don't hate us simply because they are jealous of us. They hate us because we occupy them. They hate us because we kill their children. They hate us because we oppress them. Here we occasionally ask for Israel to show restraint but never demand it.
What if that was your child? What if some foreign nation occupied were you lived for almost your entire life? What if you had to live in constant fear? How would you react? Do you know why Palestinians blow themselves up in a market? Because they don't have F-16s supplied by the USA to deliver their bombs. They aren't terrorists. They are fighting for their freedom. Just because Israel has more expensive weapons doesn't make them right. Just like the USA using unmanned drones to kill innocent civilians doesn't make it right. Just because I point out the reality doesn't mean I'm anti-semitic.
As American's we need to open our eyes up to the reality of the destruction we cause. We need to open our eyes up to the destruction we condone. Then and only then maybe we can halt the blood baths we create. Then and only then will we be able to start to repair the damage WE have done to our own image. Then and only then can we start saying we are part of the greatest nation the world has ever seen. Until then we are just bullies of the world an Israel is just our side kick. But instead of stealing lunches and punching a weaker kid we literally kill children that just want to be children.
Israel, like the USA, needs to realize that just because we can destroy our enemies with relatively few casualties of our own doesn't mean we should. So when someone like Dick Cheney talks about defense spending and says "That ought to be our top priority for spending. Not food stamps, not highways or anything else," we shouldn't listen. We already spend more then the next 11 countries combined. Dick Cheney says we can't fight 2 wars at once. Well our funding says we should be able to fight 11 wars at once and still have a little left over.
The reason that they don't want peace is 2 fold. First it keeps them in power. For Israel if their people are afraid then their government has more power. The second reason is money. This is trillions of dollars in play keeping the military industrial complex going. Those corporations don't want peace because peace is bad for business. Fuck the dead kids and fuck the average person. Dick Cheney would rather your son or daughter have a gun in their hands made by these corporations then your child actually getting an education. Because the education won't make Cheney and his friends money and an educated person is what the rich fear the most. Keep your population dumb and poor to keep your power.